How To Sell Your California HomeHere are some tips to keep in mind when selling your home in California. These tips are applicable irrespective of whether you're selling your home the FSBO way or going through an agent.
1. Get your home ready to show. Tidy up the place, make sure everything's in order and neatly arrange. This may not necessarily convince a buyer but you'd definitely avoid putting off a potential buyer with an uninviting home.
2. Have the window coverings open to let in as much sunlight as possible. At night, let the outdoor lights be on, particularly any landscape or pool lights that you may have. It only adds to the 'show' of the home and makes it more appealing.
3. Open doors between rooms to give an inviting and open feeling. Turn the television off. When necessary, have the thermostat set to a comfortable temperature. In winter, a fire in the fireplace is inviting - you want the buyers imagining themselves living in your home.
4. If you have pets, take them for a walk. Many people are afraid of pets; others love them and will remember your pet more than your home.
5. All the above pointers come into play once you've got buyers to visit your home. What's most important is to get more buyers to come to your place. And how's that? Advertise! Don't forget the most popular medium used these days to search for homes - the Internet! Advertise your home on the net to get great exposure for your home at very nominal costs.
You never know when the right person is going to walk through your front door. So always be ready!
©Copyrights ChoiceOfHomes.com 2004-2006